Good Morning! We were all up before 6 am this morning and I don’t really know how to feel about it… Since the kids have been going to sleep between 6 and 7 pm every night we are awake by 6 most mornings. We are on week two of this routine and I can tell I am getting used to it (insert night owl, NOT a morning person). Baby steps, right.
Okay, let’s get to the important stuff! Are you looking for something easy and yummy to mix up your weekly dinner?? I have the perfect one pot dish that takes no time at all!! Jules and I created this recipe quite a few years back, and we always come back to it! This is the perfect recipe for the winter months when you are wanting something cozy and comforting. Am I the only one who feels that way in the winter??? Where’s the sun at!?
What You Need:
- 3 lbs mixed variety of sausage/meat (this time we did two packs of Aidells Sausage, one pack of Aidells Meatballs, and some ground Mild Italian Sausage) You can use whatever flavor or brand you want. We normally make our own beef meatballs, but this is what we had on hand.
- 8-12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 12 oz tomato sauce. We like to use half of the Prego bottle from Costco
- Parmesan cheese
- Optional* Noodles, zoodles, or spaghetti squash
How You Make It:
- Cook ground Italian Sausage at Medium/High heat
- Once the sausage is just about cooked all the way through, add mushrooms
- Add the meatballs and the rest of the sausage
- Continue to cook/stir until mushrooms are cooked
- Add tomato sauce and lower heat to low/simmer
- Cover and cook until sauce is heated through
- Serve and top with Parmesan cheese
- We normally just eat it by itself, if you wanted to cover noodles or spaghetti squash that would be yummy too!
This recipe makes a huge batch enough for all four of us to have dinner and lunch + another dinner. Both Jax and Mia love this recipe, hallelujah, and can’t wait to eat it!! I hope you enjoy making this yummy dish!!
Want to Know?
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.